- Sat, August 3 - Sun, August 4
Asha Yoga East Sac
3610 McKinley Blvd.
- 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Prison Yoga Project (PYP) in collaboration with Asha Yoga Sacramento (East Sacramento Studio) is offering a special training for yoga teachers and committed yoga practitioners interested in working with at-risk populations including the incarcerated.
James Fox, founder and director of the Prison Yoga Project will lead a two day training drawing on his experience of teaching yoga and mindfulness meditation to incarcerated youth and adults, including ten years at San Quentin Prison.
This training qualifies for continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance for RYT’s and is a fundraiser for PYP’s ongoing work.
Fee: $265 (a limited number of partial scholarships are available)
Local Contact Info: email@example.com
The weekend training is intended for anyone interested in bringing yoga to under served and/or traumatized populations and will include:
- PYP’s evidence based, trauma informed methodology for working with prisoners including an in-depth orientation for teaching yoga in the unique social/cultural environment of prison.
- A thorough investigation of the practical application of yoga for emotional and psychological issues.
- Strategies for establishing yoga programs in detention centers and rehabilitation facilities.
- Instruction in specific asana. pranayama and meditation practices that have been proven effective with prisoners.