Certified Farmers’ Markets are open on Thursdays from 10 am to 1:30 pm at Capitol Mall to offer shoppers locally-sourced fruits, vegetables, baked goods, flowers, herbs, and cheeses. The downtown markets offer shoppers a chance to come face-to-face with their food source, offering the freshest California-grown seasonal favorites from asparagus in the spring to apples in the fall.
Get ready to fill your stylish bags with farm-fresh produce and deliciously vibrant flower bouquets!
Vendor Applications for 2020 are now closed.
Guests are encouraged to adhere to recommendations from public health officials, available here. Individuals that are sick or are exhibiting respiratory symptoms like fever and cough or people at higher risk should stay home. Wearing masks are encouraged and people should practice physical distancing and remain 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Limit on people per stall
- Additional space via wider market aisles and chalk guidelines for spacing
- Plenty of signage to remind everyone to physical distance
- Sampling is suspended
- Frequent cleaning of market equipment
- Stay home if you are sick or exhibiting respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Please try to attend the market solo or send a single designated family shopper, if possible. This can make a really big impact on crowd reduction.
- Please leave the required six feet of room for other shoppers. If someone is shopping for an item you want to purchase, please be patient and wait or simply return later.
- Please try to wear at least a cloth mask during your period of shopping at the markets. Physical distancing is not always attainable during shopping activities and cloth masks would provide some preventative assurances during those lapses to both you and your fellow shoppers.
- When shopping at a popular farmer stand, look down to see if there are markers on the ground for spacing for people waiting to pay or shop.
- Please complete your shopping as expediently as possible. Lingering in the market for social exchange with others at this time must be discouraged.
- Please look for a shop with farmers who have pre-portioned and pre-priced amounts to expedite shopping.
Wednesday: TBD 2020
Cesar Chavez Plaza, 10th & J streets
Capitol Mall, 6th & Capitol
June 18th 2020 – TBD
more info HERE
Find other events tagged under: farmers market