Holiday Magic Continues in Old Sacramento with the 9th Annual “Macy’s Theatre of Lights”. This Spectacular & FREE Family-Friendly Performances Begin November 22 and Continue through Christmas Eve!
An electrifying and family-friendly holiday tradition, the ever-popular “Macy’s Theatre of Lights” performances will return to dazzle the Old Sacramento historic district again this season. Taking place on K Street between Front and 2nd Streets, the performances kick off on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, following a festive and fun tree lighting ceremony that is complete with pre- and post-show entertainment. The free performances will continue for a total of 22 magical evenings ending on Christmas Eve.
New this year, the debut evening (Wednesday, November 22) will include lots of free, family-friendly entertainment before and after the first “Theatre of Lights” performance. A schedule for that first celebratory evening includes the following:
- 4:30 p.m. The Throw Zone: Jeremiah the Juggler
- 4:45 p.m.: Sacramento Preparatory Music Academy
- 5:15 p.m.: Capitol City Dance Academy Junior Team
- 5:20 p.m.: Capitol City Dance Academy Senior Team
- 5:25 p.m.: Miss California Outstanding Teen Sings “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas”
- 5:30 p.m.: Sacramento City College Choir Leads Group Holiday Caroling
- 6:00 p.m.: Tree Lighting Ceremony
- 6:15 p.m.: Theatre of Lights Kickoff Show
- 7:00 p.m.: Post-show concert by City of Trees Band