B Street Theatre
B Street Theatre is best known for its innovative productions of new plays since its first season in 1991.
2711 B Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Box Office Hours:
B Street Theatre has been known for its innovative productions of new plays since its first season in 1991. A lesser-known fact is that the company was originally founded in 1986 for the purpose of bringing the excitement of theatre to children. This mission was first fulfilled when Timothy Busfield created Fantasy Theatre, a touring group that now reaches 200,000 students in Northern California annually.
Purchase tickets here.
The organization produces five core programs as follows:
- Mainstage: B Street’s Mainstage is where audiences turn to see the most talked about plays in Northern California. It’s our job to challenge the mind and evoke emotion as we explore unrequited love, inner turmoil, and humorous relationships in an intimate setting that allows audiences to be part of the action.
- Family Series: Experience some of history’s most cherished stories in a setting where wonder and excitement jump from the stage. B Street Theatre’s Family Series brings children closer than ever to live performance, engaging their hearts and minds in a way that few other mediums can.
- B 3 Series: For adult audiences desiring fresh, intimate theatre – the B3 Series offers complex characters and intellectually moving plotlines. Here, audiences are led to travel deep into their own life experiences through engaging stories that don’t shy from the unexpected.
- B Street Theatre School Tour: You Come To Us: Join us at the theatre for three great stories! Fun, touching and entertaining – perfect for all ages! Visit the School MatinÃ©es page for more information about pricing and showtimes. We Come To You: The B Street School Tour is a fantastic opportunity to bring live theatre to your school. You can find more information about this educational experience by visiting the School Tours page.
- B Street Conservatory: The Conservatory’s mission is to provide aspiring actors of all ages with the skills, tools, and confidence to reveal their unique acting talents. The Conservatory provides a positive, creative and fun learning experience from basic skills to preparing for auditions (and everything in between).
- Studio for Young Actors: In our Acting & Play-Creation classes students are the playwrights. They write, rehearse and perform their own original short form plays. Using a piece of classic literature as a model, as well as improv and drama games for inspiration, students form small groups and develop ideas for their own original scripts. Kids have a great time seeing the very own creations come to life.
Support Us: Our country’s art community is facing critical times – from small theatres closing to cuts in art funding at schools. We believe art charges the human spirit with creativity, imagination and inspiration. As you probably know, B Street does more than produce the hottest new plays in Sacramento. Our outreach and education programs engage 200,000 young people throughout the region every year! But we cannot do it alone. You can help us bring the gift of theatre to audiences of every age.