Message from 3/20/20 - Stay updated by visiting our page on Instagram
As of today at 3pm, we are officially closed until further notice. We want to thank ALL of you who have continued to order from us over the last couple weeks while we found our footing, and we can't wait to see you when this is all over! If you would like to support us in the meantime, here are a couple ways you can do that.
- We have set up a GoFundMe to make up for our employees' lost wages and, should that need be met, cover our rent. You can find the link in our bio if yoy wish to donate. Every single dollar helps ❤
- Purchase eGift Cards online that you can use when we reopen! That link is also in our bio.
This is not goodbye, just a see you later. Stay safe and stay healthy.
You Can Still Get Your Comics!!
Just because we’re not open right now, doesn’t mean you can’t still get your comics! Click here for our comics
• All subscribers are encouraged to prepay for their comics. We can continue to accept our weekly shipments ONLY if enough of our customers purchase them each week, as we have no other income to pay for our deliveries.
• will now only be ordered via subscriptions. This means there will NOT be extras to place in your box. If there is a comic you want, you MUST add it to your list BEFORE the final order cutoff (FOC) date.
• for your comics via email and let us know whether you'd prefer to pay over the phone or by online invoice.
• your comics is now an option! So long as your comics are paid for by Tuesday @ 6pm, we'll ship your comics on Wednesday. If you don't want them mailed, we’ll hold onto them until it's safe to reopen our doors.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only be available to answer phone calls on Tuesday afternoon.
Coffee + Toasts + Muffins and more
Comic Books + Collectables + Graphic Novels
Game nights + Meet-ups + Special events
>> In the News (SNR Dec 2018)
We're so honored to be part of Sactown Magazine's "Best of the City 2018" list! Such an amazing little write up spotlighting some of our signature menu items like The Edible Hulk
Oblivion Comics & Coffee is the new hotspot in Sacramento. We’ve created a place where anyone is welcome, whether or not you think you are a geek. In addition to selling comics and coffee, we also carry a variety of collector items. Our coffee distributor, Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters, understands coffee and represents the sweeter side of the coffee spectrum, but even more importantly, they are as much geeks for coffee as we are for comics.
OBLIVION’S ORIGIN STORY
“It is about caring for our industry and the relationships we cultivate within the community.”
Oblivion Comics & Coffee was inspired by the Oblivion Bar of the DC comic book universe. It’s a pocket universe where conflict is restricted. Where heroes and villains can congregate, suspend their plans, and enjoy a brew. We want to create a similar place here in Sacramento where anyone is welcome, geek or not.
The initial idea came about while hanging around a closing Barnes & Nobles late one night when we had nowhere else to go to discuss the latest Avengers movie, the very first one. We always brought up how it would be cool to have our own spot to geek out and rant about things, and thought to ourselves, “we’re probably not the only ones.” Prior to our entrance into the Downtown Partnership’s Calling All Dreamer’s Competition, we only had a roughly fleshed out business plan and hope that our concept would be strong enough to compete. Through hard work, self-sacrifice, and through the support of everyone who voted and believed in us, we won. From that, we were able to humbly take our win and progress forward to create Oblivion Comics & Coffee, our Oblivion Bar and Sacramento’s new Geek Hot Spot.
Find out the latest events and other happenings HERE
More events and 2nd Saturday artshows on their Facebook page HERE.